Summary of the Governor’s Wednesday press conference:
1. There are 615 new cases for a total of 62,112 cases.
Hospitalizations: Increased 12 = 435
Deaths: Increased 27 = 841
Counties with the highest number of new cases:
Washington; Pulaski; Benton; Craighead; Garland; Saline; & Mississippi.
2. Testing: PCR tests in last 24 hours: 4,773. Antigen tests: 590 (156 positive for a 26.4% positivity rate).
3. The August revenue report came in at $41 million above the forecast.
4. The CDC is issuing a moratorium on evictions for Covid-19 reasons. Tenants will still be responsible for any missed rental payments. If you need rental payment assistance, go to a local community action agency or a local nonprofit for assistance. There may be monies available there to help.
5. The federal department of agriculture has issued a waiver so that all students will receive free meals through December 31.