There were no new cases were reported today (3/17). However, the Governor expects numbers to increase as more testing becomes available later this week.
· The Governor announced he is directing the Department of Commerce to waive the one-week waiting period and the work-related reporting requirement for unemployment benefits for the next 30 days.
· To avoid large crowds, applicants can apply online or over the phone, rather than in-person. Website to apply for unemployment: https://www.ezarc.adws.arkansas.gov/
· Release from the Department of Workforce Services regarding unemployment insurance:
· The Governor has directed all casinos in the state to cease operations for 2 weeks.
· As a reminder, the Arkansas Department of Health has activated a call center to answer questions from health care providers and the public about the novel coronavirus. During normal business hours (8:00am – 4:30pm), urgent and non-urgent calls, please call 1-800-803-7847 or email ADH.CoronaVirus@arkansas.gov. After normal business hours, urgent calls needing immediate response, please call 501-661-2136.