11 new cases have been confirmed for a total of 33 in the state. Faulkner, Bradley, and Washington counties have been added to list where COVID-19 has been detected. The new cases involve patients who have known travel or a connection to the existing cases.
· Governor Hutchinson has requested that the Small Business Administration (SBA) grant an Economic Injury Disaster Loan. If approved, these loans of up to $2 million can be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
· $12 million in Community Development Block Grants have been allocated to assist hospitals and businesses essential during this time.
· Governor has directed $4 million from the Governor’s Quick Action Closing Fund to support loans to small businesses that need help making payroll.
· Business owners can find more information at www.arkansasedc.com/covid19
· DHS is increasing reimbursement rates for child care facilities. More than 800 have closed and 1,200 remain open. DHS is also expediting background checks for new child care workers.
· The work-reporting requirement for SNAP benefits is temporarily waived. Those who have lost their job due to COVID-19 can have their SNAP application expedited.