On Wednesday, the House passed HCR1007. The resolution provides for an extension of the current session. It calls for the General Assembly to recess on April 7 and to adjourn Sine Die on May 1.
The House also passed the following:
- HB1210-This bill removes a tax credit requirement of recertification for individuals with a developmental disability that is expected to continue indefinitely.
- HB1185-This bill states that a student who attended preschool in a non-resident school district for at least one year before kindergarten will not count against that school’s 3% cap of non-residents under the School Choice Act of 2015.
- HB1161-This bill creates the Support for Pregnant and Parenting Students Act. It allows pregnant and parenting students to have an additional 10 days of excused absence for a parenting mother and father after the birth of their child.
- HB1197-This bill would disqualify a claimant from collecting unemployment compensation benefits for any week that the claimant fails to respond to an offer of employment or fails to appear for a previously scheduled job interview.
- SB6-This bill creates a lifetime certificate of license for contractors who have reached the age of 65 and have been licensed as a contractor for at least 12 years.
The House will reconvene on Thursday at 1 p.m.