Summary of the Governor’s Monday press conference:
1. The Governor gave a special thanks to all the teachers & staff for their hard work & dedication. School begins this week.
2. There were 320 new cases (309 from the community) for a total of 56,894 cumulative cases.
Hospitalizations: Decreased -34 = 466
Deaths: Increased 9 = 696
Counties with the highest number of new cases: Pulaski; Faulkner; & Poinsett.
2. Testing: 4,629 in the last 24 hours. Contact tracing is very important even when someone is positive, but doesn’t have symptoms.
3. Convalescent plasma: The Arkansas Initiative has been & continues to use convalescent plasma as part of the Arkansas response to treat hospitalized patients. Two units per each patient.
4. School: If we want school to continue, we must follow all mandates & guidelines whether in school or out & about in the community.